What is Paripurna Navasana (Complete Boat Pose)
- In this asana, the body takes the shape of a boat.
- The word paripurna means “complete” or “full” in Sanskrit, while nava means “boat.”
- The use of props in this asana allows the pose to be held without straining your stomach and back muscles.
- regular practice of this asana tones the muscles and abdominal organs.
Benefits of Paripurna Navasana
- Increases the body’s metabolic rate
- Improves blood circulation in the abdomen
- tones the abdominal muscles and organs
- Relieves indigestion and flatulence
- tones the kidneys
- Reduces lower backaches by strengthening the spinal muscles
Contraindications and Cautions
- Heart Diseases
- Low blood pressure
- cold and congestion
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- cervical spondylosis
- Severe backaches
- Menstrual disorders