What is Virabhadrasana (Warrior pose)
This vigorous asana strengthens your spine and increases the flexibility of your knees and thighs.
The arms receive an intense stretch, and this expands the muscles of your chest and enhances the capacity of your lungs.
Benefits of Virabhadrasana
- Relieves backache, lumbago,and sciatica
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Tones the abdominal muscles
- Relieves acidity and improves digestion
- Strengthens the bladder and corrects a displaced uterus
- Relieves pain and heavy flow during menstruation. (in such cases, practice this pose in the time between menstrual periods—avoid during menstruation.)
Contraindications of Warrior pose
Do not practice this asana if you have high blood pressure or a cardiac condition.