What is Viparita Karani (Inverted Yoga Pose)
This is a restorative and relaxing asana, but the final pose is quite difficult for beginners and those with stiff backs.
The use of props makes the pose easier and more restful.
Viparita means “upside down” and karani means “doing” in Sanskrit, and the blood and hormones circulate better through the body when it is inverted.
Benefits of Viparita Karani
- Regulates blood pressure
- Helps treat heart disorders
- Helps treat ear and eye ailments, stress-related headaches, and migraines
- Relieves palpitations, breathlessness, asthma, bronchitis, and throat ailments
- Alleviates arthritis and cervical spondylosis
- Relieves indigestion, diarrhea, and nausea
- Helps treat kidney disorders
- Prevents varicose veins
Contraindications and Cautions
Do not practice during menstruation, although at other times this asana alleviates menstrual disorders.
Make sure that you rest your neck and shoulders firmly on the floor. if necessary, use just one bolster.