What is Ardha Chandrasana (Half moon Yoga Pose)
- In Sanskrit, ardha means “half,” while chandra translates as “moon.” In this asana, your body takes the shape of a half moon.
- Regular practice enhances your span of concentration.
- It also improves coordination and motor reflexes.
- The intense stretch it gives to the spine, strengthens the paraspinal muscles, keeping the spine supple and well-aligned.
Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana
- Rotates and flexes the vertebral joints, keeping the spinal muscles supple
- Tones the lumbar and sacral spine, relieving backache corrects misalignment of the shoulders
- Helps relieve sciatica
- Improves circulation in the feet
- Relieves gastritis and acidity
- corrects a prolapsed uterus
- this is the only standing asana that removes fatigue, provided it is done against a wall
Contraindications and Cautions
- Stress-related headaches
- Eye strain
- varicose veins
- if you have hypertension, do not look up at your raised arm. Look straight ahead.