What is Adhomukha Swastikasana (downward facing cross legged yoga pose)
In this asana, you sit cross-legged and rest your head, chest, and shoulders on
a bench, bolster, and blanket. this is an extremely relaxing pose and relieves strain in your back, neck, and heart.
It also alleviates the symptoms of premenstrual stress. Regular practice of the asana helps people who are prone to anxiety, tension, and frequent mood swings.
Benefits of Adhomukha Swastikasana
- Soothes the sympathetic nervous system, relieving stress and fatigue
- Relieves migraines and stress-related headaches
- Relieves palpitations and breathlessness
- Helps prevent nausea and vomiting
- Relieves pain in the hip joints
- Rests tired legs and improves blood circulation in the knees
Contraindications and Cautions
If you cannot sit in Virasana due to aching feet, you can practice this yoga pose instead.
If you have stress-related headaches or a migraine, wrap a bandage
around your eyes.