What are the typical MRI sequences that are acquired for hepatobiliary imaging?
- • Multiplanar heavily T2-weighted images (echo time [TE] 90 to 180 msec).
- • Axial in-phase and out-of-phase T1-weighted gradient recalled echo (GRE) images.
- • Axial fat-suppressed T2-weighted images.
- • Axial diffusion-weighted images (DWI) with apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) parametric map images.
- • Coronal (and sometimes axial) very heavily T2-weighted magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) images (TE >500 msec).
- • Axial pre- and postcontrast fat-suppressed T1-weighted images.