Symptoms of Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis
What is the clinical presentation of patients with Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis?
Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis can be present with the full spectrum of glomerular disease.
• Hematuria can be the sole manifestation in rare cases.
• Glomerular hematuria (including gross hematuria) and proteinuria with normal kidney function may be the presenting finding in 10% to 30%.
• New-onset nephrotic syndrome may be seen in 40% to 70%.
• Nephritic syndrome occurs, with hypertension, azotemia, hematuria, and proteinuria.
• There may be anemia that is out of proportion to the degree of kidney dysfunction.