What are the hematologic manifestations in SLE?
• Autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA)
• Leukopenia (lymphopenia [common], neutropenia)
• Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APLAS) (: Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome)
• Anemia of chronic disease
• Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)
• Macrophage activation syndrome (MAS)
• Rare but can be fatal (fever, cytopenias, organ dysfunction, splenomegaly, low erythrocyte sedimentation rate [ESR] due to inability of the liver to synthesize proteins such as fibrinogen, high triglycerides, high ferritin, high IL-2 receptor [CD25]). R/O EBV or CMV infection as a trigger.