What is the banff criteria for acute cell mediated rejection?
The Banff classification of kidney allograft rejection grades acute tubulointerstitial rejection by severity of tubulitis and acute vascular rejection by severity of arteritis. Types of T-cell-mediated rejection are as follows:
• Type IA: Cases with significant interstitial infiltration by lymphocytes (>25% of parenchyma affected) and foci of moderate tubulitis
• Type IB: Cases with significant interstitial infiltration of lymphocytes (>25% of parenchyma affected) and foci of severe tubulitis
• Type IIA: Cases with mild-to-moderate intimal arteritis
• Type IIB: Cases with severe intimal arteritis
• Type III: Cases with transmural arteritis and/or arterial fibrinoid change and necrosis of medial smooth muscle cells with accompanying lymphocytic inflammation