Ciprofloxacin Fluocinolone Brand Name– OTOVEL
What is Ciprofloxacin Fluocinolone
Ciprofloxacin fluocinolone otic solution is indicated for the treatment of acute otitis media due to susceptible organisms in pediatric patients aged 6 months and older with tympanostomy tubes.
Ciprofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic with in vitro activity against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms; topical use in the ear is not associated with ototoxicity.
Fluocinolone is an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid and is included to aid in the resolution of the inflammatory response associated with the bacterial infection.
Ciprofloxacin fluocinolone otic solution was FDA-approved in April 2016
- Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase negative)
- Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase positive)
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- otitis media
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA)
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- anaphylactoid reactions
- antimicrobial resistance
- laryngeal edema
- laboratory monitoring not necessary
- corticosteroid hypersensitivity
- ear discharge
- fungal infection
- herpes infection
- ophthalmic administration
- parenteral administration
- quinolone hypersensitivity
- viral infection
There are no drug interactions associated with Ciprofloxacin Fluocinolone products.