What does Tadasana Urdhva BaddhangulIyasana mean?
- This is a variation of Tadasana, the “mountain pose.”
- The brain is completely relaxed but alert in this Yoga Asana
- The special feature of this Yoga Pose is the awareness you feel. You are conscious of the intense stretch of your whole body, right from your feet to your interlocked fingers.
- This Yoga asana helps you to Feel the energy flow upward from your feet to your knuckles.
What are the Sanskrit words Tadasana Urdhva BaddhangulIyasana mean?
- Here are the meaning Sanskrit, the word Urdhva means “upward” and the word baddha indicates “caught” or “bound,” while anguli translates as “fingers.”
Benefits of Tadasana Urdhva BaddhangulIyasana
- This Yoga Asana Boosts confidence
- Regular practice of this Yoga Pose helps in Relieving the arthritis
- Stretches the shoulders, arms, wrists, and fingers
- This Yoga Pose helps to treat spinal disorders
- This is one of the best Yoga Asanas to help fight depression
- Tones and activates the torso, back, abdomen, and pelvis
- Strengthens the knee joints
- This Yoga Pose Reduces the sciatic pain
- Flat feet can be corrected if this Yoga Pose is practiced regularly
How to do Tadasana Urdhva BaddhangulIyasana – Step by Step Instructions
PROPS THE WALL helps you to align your body correctly, makes adjustments in the pose easier, and gives stability to the final pose.
- Begin with Standing on your feet in Tadasana against a wall, on an even, uncovered surface.
- Then slowly Bring your arms toward your chest
- Do remember your palms needs to face your chest.
- Now Interlock your fingers firmly, from the base of the knuckles, with the little finger of your left hand lower than the little finger of the right hand
- Turn your interlocked palms inside out.
- Exhale, and stretch your arms out in front of you at shoulder level.
- Then inhale, and raise your arms above your head until they are perpendicular to the floor.
- Extend your arms fully and lock your elbows.
- Feel the stretch in your palms.
- Hold the pose for 30-60 seconds.
Tadasana Urdhva Baddhanguliyasana benefits the following muscles and hence can be included in yoga sequences with the corresponding muscle(s) focus:
- Arms and Shoulders
- Upper Back
Tadasana Urdhva Baddhanguliyasana yoga sequencesTadasana Urdhva Baddhanguliyasana is commonly found in the following types of yoga sequences:
- Ashtanga yoga sequences
- Kids yoga sequences
- Postnatal yoga sequences