What are the imaging requirements for thoracic and lung abnormalities in fetus?
In addition to the detailed extended ultrasound examination, evaluation of lung lesions usually includes:
- • Determination of the location of the lung mass, and whether or not there is a mediastinal shift or compression.
- • Measurement of the lung mass; calculation of lung mass volume along with lung mass volume to head circumference (HC) ratio.
- • Measurement of normal lung segments.
- • Determination of lung mass arterial supply and venous drainage.
- • Measurement of macroscopic cysts within lung mass (if present).
- • Determination of pleural effusion volume.