Which patients with severe lupus nephritis are more likely to progress to end-stage renal disease (ESRD)?
- • African-American (especially males) and Hispanic patients
- • Lower socioeconomic status
- • Poor medication compliance
- • Comorbidities such as diabetes and HTN
- • Failure to normalize serum creatinine or serum creatinine of >2mg/dL on therapy
- • Failure to decrease proteinuria to <1 g/day within 6 months of starting treatment
- • Renal biopsy evidence of high disease activity (cellular crescents) and chronicity (interstitial fibrosis)