Skip to content
Scroll to Top
What is the differential diagnosis of thoracic pain?
- (1) Malignant or benign tumors of the spine,
- (2) thoracic compression fractures,
- (3) ankylosing spondylosis,
- (4) intra-abdominal processes (gallbladder disease, gastric ulcer, pancreatitis),
- (5) thoracoabdominal neuropathy (diabetes),
- (6) intercostal neuralgia,
- (7) vascular disease (i.e., aortic aneurysm),
- (8) herpes zoster (with or without rash),
- (9) intramedullary lesion such as a demyelinating process.