Skip to content
Scroll to Top
What are some examples of common clinical indications of PET?
- • 18 F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) PET/CT is useful to stage cancers at baseline, to guide treatment, and to assess tumor response following therapeutic intervention.
- • FDG PET/CT is also useful to localize seizure foci in the brain, to assess patients with cognitive impairment, and to evaluate for brain tumor recurrence.
- • 82 Rb PET/CT is useful to detect and evaluate the effects of coronary artery disease on myocardial perfusion.
- • 18 F-sodium fluoride (NaF) PET/CT is useful to detect and evaluate osteoblastic metastatic disease in patients with cancer.
- • 11 C-acetate PET/CT is useful to detect the presence and location of recurrent prostate cancer in men with biochemical recurrence following treatment.