Skip to content
Scroll to Top
What are some examples of common clinical indications of planar scintigraphy?
- • A ventilation-perfusion (V/Q) scan is useful to assess for acute pulmonary embolism.
- • A three-phase bone scan is useful to determine if osteomyelitis is present.
- • A thyroid scan is useful to determine if a thyroid nodule is benign or malignant.
- • A hepatobiliary scan is useful to assess for acute cholecystitis, bile duct obstruction, or biliary leak.
- • A bleeding scan is useful to localize sites of lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage.