Skip to content
Scroll to Top
American Society of Anesthesiologists Physical Status classification
- • ASA I: Normal healthy patient.
- • ASA II: Patient with mild systemic disease, without substantive functional limitations.
- • ASA III: Patient with severe systemic disease, with substantive functional limitations.
- • ASA IV: Patient with severe systemic disease that is life-threatening.
- • ASA V: Moribund patient with a poor chance for survival without surgery.
- • ASA VI: Declared brain-dead patient whose organs are being removed for donor purposes.