Skip to content
Scroll to Top
major toxicities of cyclosporine and tacrolimus?
- • Decreased renal function (usually reversible with discontinuation of drug).
- • Hypertension (treat with nifedipine or labetalol).
- • Anemia (note that does not decrease WBC count).
- • Malignancies (lymphomas and skin cancers): lymphoma (EBV-related) may regress with stopping drug.
- • Hyperuricemia and gout (switch to tacrolimus which causes less hyperuricemia).
- • Bone pain (treat with calcium channel blockers and lower cyclosporine dose).
- • Others: infections, headaches, tremors, hyperpigmentation, anorexia, hepatotoxicity (rare).