What is Alcoholic Liver Disease
Alcoholic liver disease happens when the liver does not work the way it should. The condition is caused by drinking too much alcohol for many years.
Follow these instructions at home:
- Do notdrink alcohol.
- Take medicines only as told by your doctor.
- Take vitamins only as told by your doctor.
any diet instructions that your doctor gave you. You may need to:
- Eat foods that have thiamine. These include whole-wheat cereals, pork, and raw vegetables.
- Eat foods that have folic acid. These include vegetables, fruits, meats, beans, nuts, and dairy foods.
- Eat foods that are high in carbohydrates. These include yogurt, beans, potatoes, and rice.
Contact a doctor if:
- You have a fever.
- You are short of breath.
- You have trouble breathing.
- You have bright red blood in your poop (stool).
- Your poop looks like tar.
- You throw up (vomit) blood.
- Your skin looks more yellow, pale, or dark.
- You get headaches.
- You have trouble thinking.
- You have trouble balancing or walking.