What is Kedbumin Human Albumin 25%
Kedbumin is a sterile, single dose solution containing 0.25 g per mL human albumin as 12.5 g albumin per 50 mL single dose vial.
- Hypovolemic shock – For restoration and maintenance of circulating blood volume where volume deficiency is demonstrated and colloid use is appropriate.
- Hypoalbuminemia – Kedbumin is indicated for severe albumin deficiency caused by illness or active bleeding
- Prevention of central volume depletion after paracentesis due to cirrhotic ascites – Kedbumin is indicated for maintenance of cardiovascular function following the removal of large volumes of ascitic fluid due to cirrhosis
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) – as a plasma expander in the fluid management in of severe forms of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) – is indicated in conjunction with diuretics to correct fluid volume overload associated with ARDS
- Burns – is indicated after > 24 hours post burn in patients experiencing severe albumin depletion in order to favor edema reabsorption
- Hemodialysis patients undergoing long term dialysis – is indicated in patients undergoing long term dialysis or for those patients who are fluid-overloaded and cannot tolerate substantial volumes of salt solution for therapy of shock or hypotension
- Patients who cannot tolerate substantial volumes of salt solution
- Priming solution for cardiopulmonary bypass – is indicated in cardiopulmonary bypass procedures as part of the priming fluids