What is Marichyasana (Torso and leg stretch)
This asana is dedicated to the sage, Marichi. his father was Brahma, creator
of the universe, and his grandson was the sun god, Surya, the giver of life.
Regular practice of the asana stretches your entire body and rejuvenates it.
This asana increases your levels of energy.
Benefits of Marichyasana
- Increases energy levels
- Tones and massages the abdominal organs
- Improves the functioning of the liver,spleen, pancreas, kidneys, and intestines and tones them
- Reduces fat around the waistline
- Relieves lumbago
- Alleviates lower backaches and cervical spondylosis
- Increases blood circulation to the abdominal organs
- Aids the digestion and reduces flatulence
- Helps in the treatment of hernia
Do not practice this asana if you have
- Diarrhea or dysentery
- Heart Diseases
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Cold or chest congestion
- Avoid during menstruation