Lord Sripada Srivallabha is the first incarnation of Jagadguru Sri Dattatreya.
Sripada Srivallabha blesses his disciples with the same results as the worship of Sri Dattatreya as Sripada is verily Sri Dattatreya himself.
Sripada was born in 1320 AD in Chitra Star, Simha Lagna, Tula Raasi in the early hours of the auspicious Ganesh Chaturthi at Srikshetra Pithapuram.
His feet constitutes all auspicious features, hence the name Sripada Srivallabha
When Sripada Srivallabha was born, a cobra was holding its hoods as an umbrella wherever he was there.
Sripada was born out of his mothers’s womb as a dazzling illumination. His mother, Sumati Maharani fainted immediately after he was born.
Shortly after he was born, an invisible voice instructed all the people to leave the birth room.
His body is an embodiment of Holy Fire and Yoga.
Sripada is superior to Dwaadasa Aadityas.
He is an embodiment of all deities. His incarnation is formless.
It is impossible even for a thousand hooded Aadisesha to describe vividly the greatness of Sripada.
The twelve assured statements by Sripada Srivallabha
Here are the twelve statements of assurance declared to devotees by Sreepada Srivallabha
- I will remain in a subtle form in every place where my biography is devotedly read
- Just like an eye-lid, I will protect the person who is dedicated to me through mind, word and deed.
- Daily in the afternoon I seek alms in Sri Pithikapuram. My arrival is a divine secret.
- I reduce all the karmas into heaps of ashes of those who constantly meditate upon me. Even if the karmas are accumulated from many births I will burn them down
- If you give food to those who wail ′Oh! Ramachandraa! Food!′ I will be pleased
- I am Sreepada Sreevallabha! Sreemahalakshmi shines with all Her glorious attributes in the houses of My devotees
- If you have a pure heart My grace will always be on you
- I am agreeable even when you adore any Form of Deity, or take the support of any Sadguru
- All your Prayers reach me. My grace is transmitted to you through the form of Deity you Worship or through your Sadguru
- Sreepada Sreevallabha is not merely confined to this Name and form. You can know My Corporeal Cosmic form encompassing all forms of Deities and all forces as integral parts, only by strict observance of spiritual discipline.
- Mine is a comprehensive yogic incarnation. Great yogis and Great Siddhas constantly meditate upon me.
- If you take Me as a support, I preach you path of dharma and also path of karma. I always protect you from a downfall