Lord Sripada Srivallabha is the first incarnation of Jagadguru Sri Dattatreya.
In the words of Sripada himself, “Undoubtedly, I am Datta. As you have a body, I also came with a body to enable you to recognize Me. But I am formless and without attributes. I will constantly take care of the welfare of those who adore Me with pure devotion, who cast all their burdens on Me, and seek total surrender from Me.”
Sripada Srivallabha blesses his disciples with the same results as the worship of Sri Dattatreya as Sripada is verily Sri Dattatreya himself.
Birth of Sripada Srivallabha
Dattatreya incarnated in kaliyugam for the first time as Sripada Srivallabha ,son of the pious couple Sumathi and Appalaraja at Peethikapuram, Andhra Pradesh was born on Bhadrapada Shuddha Chavathi (Ganesh Chaturthi)
On one Amavasya day there was an anniversary day at the house of Appalraja.
On that day Shri Datta came in disguise to his house for alms. Generally alms are not given to beggars, on the anniversary day.
But though the Brahmins invited for the ceremony had not dined, Sumathi offered him alms.
Hence Dattatreya was much pleased and he disclosed his divine appearance to her. She humbly bowed to Shri Datta who said, “Mother what do you desire?”
Sripada was born in 1320 AD in Chitra Star, Simha Lagna, Tula Raasi in the early hours of the auspicious Ganesh Chaturthi at Srikshetra Pithapuram.
His feet constitutes all auspicious features, hence the name Sripada Srivallabha
When Sripada Srivallabha was born, a cobra was holding its hoods as an umbrella wherever he was there.
Sripada was born out of his mothers’s womb as a dazzling illumination. His mother, Sumati Maharani fainted immediately after he was born.
Shortly after he was born, an invisible voice instructed all the people to leave the birth room.
His body is an embodiment of Holy Fire and Yoga.
Sripada is superior to Dwaadasa Aadityas.
He is an embodiment of all deities. His incarnation is formless.
It is impossible even for a thousand hooded Aadisesha to describe vividly the greatness of Sripada.
The twelve assured statements by Sripada Srivallabha
Here are the twelve statements of assurance declared to devotees by Sreepada Srivallabha
- I will remain in a subtle form in every place where my biography is devotedly read
- Just like an eye-lid, I will protect the person who is dedicated to me through mind, word and deed.
- Daily in the afternoon I seek alms in Sri Pithikapuram. My arrival is a divine secret.
- I reduce all the karmas into heaps of ashes of those who constantly meditate upon me. Even if the karmas are accumulated from many births I will burn them down
- If you give food to those who wail ′Oh! Ramachandraa! Food!′ I will be pleased
- I am Sreepada Sreevallabha! Sreemahalakshmi shines with all Her glorious attributes in the houses of My devotees
- If you have a pure heart My grace will always be on you
- I am agreeable even when you adore any Form of Deity, or take the support of any Sadguru
- All your Prayers reach me. My grace is transmitted to you through the form of Deity you Worship or through your Sadguru
- Sreepada Sreevallabha is not merely confined to this Name and form. You can know My Corporeal Cosmic form encompassing all forms of Deities and all forces as integral parts, only by strict observance of spiritual discipline.
- Mine is a comprehensive yogic incarnation. Great yogis and Great Siddhas constantly meditate upon me.
- If you take Me as a support, I preach you path of dharma and also path of karma. I always protect you from a downfall
Stotras of Sripada Srivallabha: Sidda Mangala Stotram
Here’s The Powerful Sripada Sri Vallabaha Maha Mantra Everyone Must Chant For Protection In Every Dangerous Situation
“Digmabaraa Digambaraa, Sreepaada Vallabhaa Digambaraa.. Digambaraa, Digambaraa Avadhutha Chinthana Digambaraa”
This is the powerful Sripada Sri Vallabha Maha Mantra and it would offer you protection whenever you are in any dangerous situation.
That’s not all…A regular recitation of this powerful Mantra enables the Chanter assess and understand any problem in his life with more precision; judge any grave situation with more perfection; and face any adverse condition with more courage.
Places related to Sripada Srivallabha
Pithapuram is in the East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, India. In olden times this was called as Pithikapuram.
Lord Dattatreya took birth in the year 1320 as Sripada Srivallabha at this place.
He has his first sixteen years of his life at Pithapuram.
After his disappearance from Pithikapuram in 1336, Sripada started wandering and went to different places; all his visits were of consequence to those places. He went mostly from Southeast Andhra Pradesh to Northeast India, through Karnataka and Maharashtra. He went to Varanasi (Benares, Kashi), to another centre on the west coast called Gokarna, and to Srīsailam.
Sripada then settled at a place called Kuruvapuram (today Kurugaddi, Kuruvapur). It is located on an island in the Krishna River, at the border between Andhra Pradesh (today Telangana) and Karnataka. Many people came to him seeking help and were enlightened. He was teaching and healing and many super-mundane revelations happened around him.
Sri Sripada Srivallabha stands as a paragon of excellence among incarnations.
His incarnation was very much necessary for those whose hearts were polluted by the dark age of Kali, for those whose actions were conditioned by destiny, for those who live by sinful money, and for all the human beings in the Kali Yuga.
He is a great treasure of compassion, a personification of ‘Punya’ (good deeds), and a person with a very holy history.
He is admired in the world as an expression of the highest spirituality.
No one is equal to Sri Sripāda Srivallabha in removing all kinds of devotees’ impurities, and imparting them peace when they visit, remember, worship, or meditate upon Him.
Sripada Sri Vallabha is a Chiranjeevi and there are many devotees who even today not only claim seeing Him in Kuruvapuram but also narrate many of His spellbinding miracles. It is said,
“One visit to this one of the most sacred Temples on Earth will cure many physical and mental ailments of the devotees and also bring in a great transformation in their life. It is further believed that the powerful Moola Virat of His Holiness Lord Sripada Sri Vallabha of this Temple emanates great Divine light that not only allays all the fears in a devotee but also removes all the negative thoughts from his mind and cleanses it fully. That’s not all, anyone who visits this Temple at least eleven times in their lifetime will attain what is called “Moksha” or “Salvation” or Janma Rahithyam”.