What is Vusion
Vusion is Miconazole petrolatum zinc oxide ointment is used as an adjuvant treatment for diaper dermatitis complicated by candidiasis.
Candidiasis must be documented with microscopic evidence of pseudohyphae and/or budding yeast prior to initiating treatment; a positive fungal culture for Candida albicans is not adequate evidence of candidal infection, as colonization with C. albicans can result in a positive culture.
Vusion ointment has only been studied in immunocompetent pediatric patients older than 4 weeks of age.
Efficacy has not be established in incontinent or debilitated adult populations; preventative use of this product, such as in an adult institutional setting, is not recommended, especially because preventative use may result in antimicrobial resistance.
Miconazole petrolatum zinc oxide (Vusion™) ointment was approved by the FDA in February 2006.
- Candida albicans
- diaper dermatitis
- contact dermatitis
- skin irritation
- laboratory monitoring not necessary
- antimicrobial resistance
- azole antifungals hypersensitivity
- ophthalmic administration
- vaginal administration
- Drospirenone; Ethinyl Estradiol
- Drospirenone; Ethinyl Estradiol; Levomefolate
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Desogestrel
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Ethynodiol Diacetate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Etonogestrel
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Levonorgestrel
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Levonorgestrel; Ferrous bisglycinate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Levonorgestrel; Folic Acid; Levomefolate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norelgestromin
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norethindrone
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norethindrone Acetate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norethindrone Acetate; Ferrous fumarate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norethindrone; Ferrous fumarate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norgestimate
- Ethinyl Estradiol; Norgestrel
- Segesterone Acetate; Ethinyl Estradiol