What are the Exercises to Lose Weight Fast for beginners
Exercising can help you to lose weight. In order to lose weight through exercise, you need to do vigorous-intensity exercise. You can tell that you are exercising with vigorous intensity if you are breathing very hard and fast and cannot hold a conversation while exercising.
Moderate-intensity exercise helps to maintain your current weight. You can tell that you are exercising at a moderate level if you have a higher heart rate and faster breathing, but you are still able to hold a conversation.
How often should I exercise?
Choose an activity that you enjoy and set realistic goals. Your health care provider can help you to make an activity plan that works for you. Exercise regularly as directed by your health care provider. This may include:
resistance training twice each week, such as:
- Lifting weights.
- Using resistance bands.
a given intensity of exercise for a given amount of time. Choose from
- 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise every week.
- 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise every week.
- A mix of moderate-intensity and vigorous-intensity exercise every week.
Children, pregnant women, people who are out of shape, people who are overweight, and older adults may need to consult a health care provider for individual recommendations. If you have any sort of medical condition, be sure to consult your health care provider before starting a new exercise program.
What are some activities that can help me to lose weight?
- Walking at a rate of at least 4.5 miles an hour.
- Jogging or running at a rate of 5 miles per hour.
- Biking at a rate of at least 10 miles per hour.
- Lap swimming.
- Roller-skating or in-line skating.
- Cross-country skiing.
- Vigorous competitive sports, such as football, basketball, and soccer.
- Jumping rope.
- Aerobic dancing.
How can I be more active in my day-to-day activities?
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take a walk during your lunch break.
- If you drive, park your car farther away from work or school.
- If you take public transportation, get off one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- Make all of your phone calls while standing up and walking around.
- Get up, stretch, and walk around every 30 minutes throughout the day.
What guidelines should I follow while exercising?
- Do notexercise so much that you hurt yourself, feel dizzy, or get very short of breath.
- Consult your health care provider prior to starting a new exercise program.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes with good support.
- Drink plenty of water while you exercise to prevent dehydration or heat stroke. Body water is lost during exercise and must be replaced.
- Work out until you breathe faster and your heart beats faster.